5 Foodie Gifts for Father’s Day
This Father’s Day, are you shopping for just the right gift for a foodie father in your life? If so, you’ll want to pass on the tie, wallet, or “World’s Best Dad” snow globe and opt instead for a present that shows who really knows best. Check out this killer collection of edible and foodie gifts that will warm papa’s heart, whether he’s new to the club, a seasoned parent, or a proud grandfather.
1. Hot Sauce Señor Brennan Proctor calls his all-natural, vegan Uncle Brutha’s hot sauce “all-sauce” since it makes everything from fruits and veggies to pasta and tacos sizzle and sing. Be forewarned, this award-winning sauce means business: a delicate drizzle will spice things up in no time!
2. Chocolate Chap Chocolate isn’t just the way to a lady’s heart. According to Susannah Siger, owner and chocolate connoisseur at Baltimore’s Ma Petite Shoe, these three bars will garner cheers from dads everywhere. If your papa loves beer, try Vosges Smoke & Stout Caramel Bar. If you think he can handle some incredibly intense heat, pick up a bar of Lillie Belle Farms Do Not Eat This Chocolate. And for the guy who likes his drinks on the rocks, try Ococoa’s Irish Whiskey Caramel Bar.
3. Barbeque King Give Dad the tools he needs to grill in style this year. Weber’s three-piece stainless steel set arms him with the essentials. He’ll be itching to whip up some bean burgers, tofu steaks, marinated veggies, and portabello caps just so he can break out his new quality BBQ tools, which means that everyone wins!
4. Pizza Chief Forget delivery. Once pops unveils his new King Arthur Stoneware Pizza Pan, the whole family will be feasting on fresh pizza pronto. Top your homemade dough (it’s a snap to make or you can pick it up at the store) with your choice cheese (I heart Daiya), veggie sausages (I heart Field Roast), in-season veggies, tomato sauce, and other toppings. It’s amore!
5. Brew Daddy Are brewskis close to his heart? Making beer at home has never been easier. Make Dad’s summer even better this year by gifting him with his own Brooklyn Brewshop’s Kit, which provides everything he’ll need to get started. Plus, you can choose from unique varieties, like Grapefruit Honey Ale, Chocolate Maple Porter, and Coffee & Donut Stout.
Corinne Bowen is a freelance journalist and copywriter living in Baltimore with her husband and daughter. She blogs about her adventures in writing, veggies, marriage, and motherhood at CorinneBowen.com.