All-You-Can-Eat Salad with Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette
30 minutes or fewer
This supernutritious salad
is just what you want toward the end of the work week. Get creative with your favorite greens, and take advantage of the opportunity to throw in leftovers from other recipes, such as extra ginger-carrot broccoli from the bento box and roasted vegetables from the Grilled Vegetable Wrap.
- 1 head leaf or red leaf lettuce, torn into bite-sized pieces, or 4 cups mesclun mix
- 1 small head radicchio, torn into bite-sized pieces (2 cups)
- ½ cup jicama cubes
- ½ cup fresh peas or frozen peas, thawed
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1. To make Salad: toss together all ingredients in large bowl.
May/June 2010 p.67
2. To make Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette: Whisk together lemon juice, mustard, and garlic in small bowl. Whisk in oil and basil.
3. To serve: top 2 1/2 cups Salad with 1 Tbs. Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette.