Almost Totally Tomatoes
30 minutes or fewer
This showy main-course pasta salad
gets its visual impact from a mix and match of tomato shapes and colors. Serve with grilled or toasted Italian
focaccia drizzled with olive oil.
- 1 9-oz. pkg. fresh fettuccine, preferably spinach
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. grated Parmesan cheese plus extra for sprinkling
- 2 Tbs. chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 tomatillos, thinly sliced
- 1 plum tomato, diced
- 1 heirloom tomato, cubed
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup pear tomatoes
- Sun-dried tomato vinaigrette as desired
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again. Put into large bowl, and toss with oil, lemon juice, 2 Tbs. Parmesan cheese and sun-dried tomatoes.
2. Combine tomatillos and all fresh tomatoes in large mixing bowl, and toss with vinaigrette. Arrange pasta in individual bowls, top with tomatoes, and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and remaining Parmesan cheese. Serve.