Artichoke and Green Olive Soufflé
30 minutes or fewer
A soufflé baked in a casserole dish may not rise to dramatic heights, but you get the same fluffy dining experience in a much shorter cooking time.
- 1 8-oz. pkg. frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 Tbs. fine breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup drained green olives
- 1 4-oz. log goat cheese
- 3 Tbs. plain nonfat yogurt
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 2 Tbs. Parmesan cheese, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 10-inch baking dish with cooking spray, and coat with breadcrumbs.
2. Pulse artichoke hearts and olives in food processor until finely chopped. Add goat cheese, yogurt, and egg yolks, and pulse until frothy and well combined. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and transfer to large bowl.
3. Beat egg whites with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold into artichoke mixture in 3 additions. Spoon into prepared baking dish, and sprinkle Parmesan on top, if desired. Bake 20 minutes, or until mixture is set. Serve immediately.