Arugula Salad with Grapes, Feta, and Hazelnuts
30 minutes or fewer
When making a salad, you can’t go wrong with the following formula—toss salad
greens with fruit, nuts, cheese, and dressing. This version (with red grapes, feta, and hazelnuts) is light enough to serve alongside hearty holiday dishes. The salad can also be made with baby spinach in place of arugula. Holiday prep tip: make the dressing up to a week ahead, and store in the fridge.
- ⅓ cup chopped hazelnuts
- 3 Tbs. white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup or brown sugar
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 5-oz. bag arugula (9 cups) or baby spinach
- 1 ½ cups halved red grapes (9 oz.)
- ½ cup crumbled feta
1. Toast hazelnuts in small skillet over medium-low heat 2 to 4 minutes, or until fragrant and golden, shaking pan often to prevent burning. Transfer to plate to cool.
2. Whisk together vinegar and maple syrup in large serving bowl; drizzle in oil while whisking, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Add arugula, grapes, feta, and toasted hazelnuts, and toss to coat.
November 2011 p.40