Asian Breakfast Scramble
30 minutes or fewer
This is one breakfast wake-up call you won't want to miss. Select a flavorful Chinese tea, such as jasmine or green, and pass sliced mangoes or papayas.
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
- 2 Tbs. minced garlic
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 10-oz. pkg. Asian-flavored baked tofu, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 8 oz. bok choy, thinly sliced into ribbons
- 1 Tbs. hoisin sauce
- 2 Tbs. Chinese rice wine
- 1 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced, for garnish
1. Heat oil in large wok or skillet over medium heat, and stir-fry ginger and garlic 1 minute. Add onion, increase heat to medium-high and stir-fry about 5 minutes. Add tofu, and stir-fry 1 minute. Add bok choy, hoisin sauce, rice wine and soy sauce, and stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes more, making sure bok choy shreds are evenly distributed.
2. Reduce heat to medium, and stir in eggs. Continue to cook and stir about 3 minutes more, or until eggs are cooked through. Remove from heat, garnish with scallions and serve.