Asian Noodles with Edamame in No Time
30 minutes or fewer
Cooking the frozen edamame
and grated carrots in the same pot as the noodles saves both cooking and cleaning-up time. For real speed and ease, pick up some store-bought sesame-shiitake dressing for the noodles, and skip making the dressing.
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs. toasted sesame oil
- 1 8.8-oz. pkg. udon noodles, preferably brown rice
- 1 ½ cups frozen, shelled edamame
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 small bunch watercress (6 oz.), coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 2 Tbs. toasted sesame seeds
1. To make Dressing: Whisk together soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil and 2 Tbs. water in bowl. Set aside.
2. To make Noodles: Bring large pot of water to boil. Add noodles, and cook 5 minutes less than minimum recommended cooking time on package. Add edamame and carrots, and continue cooking until noodles are tender. (If noodles cook in 5 minutes, add all ingredients at once.) Drain.
3. Return mixture to pot. Stir in watercress, green onions, sesame seeds and Dressing. Serve warm or at room temperature.