Autumn Apple Salad with Pomegranate
30 minutes or fewer
Gold, and Pink Lady apples are good choices here because they resist browning.
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped (¼ cup)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 12 cups mesclun salad mix
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 3 oz. goat cheese, crumbled (¾ cup)
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
1. Heat oil in small skillet over low heat. Add shallot, and sauté 4 minutes, or until soft. Remove from heat, and stir in balsamic vinegar and honey. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Combine mesclun mix and apple slices in large salad bowl. Drizzle with half of shallot dressing, and toss to coat. Divide salad among six plates. Top with goat cheese, pomegranate seeds, and remaining dressing.
October 2008 p.78