Avocado Chipotle Bisque
30 minutes or fewer
The key to this recipe is using the ripest, creamiest Hass avocados
you can find. Avocados are high in vitamins C and E and monounsaturated fats that have been shown to help lower cholesterol. To reduce the sodium content, omit the miso paste and simply season the soup
with just a hint of sea salt. The bisque will keep for one day in the fridge.
- 2 medium avocados, diced (2 cups)
- 1 Tbs olive oil, hemp oil, or avocado oil
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 2 Tbs. white miso paste
- 1 ½ tsp. minced fresh rosemary or
- ⅔ tsp. dried rosemary
- ½ tsp. chipotle powder
- ½ cup diced cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup diced orange or yellow bell pepper
To make Bisque:
1. Place all ingredients and 3 & 1/2 cups water in blender or food processor, and purée until smooth.
2. Divide Bisque among 4 bowls, and top each serving with 2 Tbs. diced tomatoes and 2 Tbs. diced bell pepper.