Sometimes there’s nothing better on a hot day than a cold soup. Avocado adds a rich flavor twist to this classic recipe, but avocados turn brown readily, so don’t make this more than one day ahead of serving or its fresh, green color may alter. Top the soup with grated cucumber, if desired.
- 3 medium-sized red-skinned potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large ripe Haas avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 2 cups skim milk or plain soymilk
- 1 cup vegetable stock plus more if needed
- ⅓ cup minced fresh chives