Baked Eggs Florentine
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 Tbs. olive oil or butter
- 1 ¼ lb. baby spinach leaves, washed
- ⅔ cup plain soymilk or low-fat milk
- 8 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Sauté onion in oil over medium heat 5 minutes, stirring often. Add spinach, cover and cook, 3 minutes, or until wilted. Uncover, and cook 4 minutes more, or until liquid has evaporated. Stir in soymilk, and simmer, 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
2. Transfer to 11×8-inch baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Make 8 indentations in spinach. Crack 1 egg into each indentation. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until whites and yolks are just set. Serve hot with toast.October 2005