Baked Orzo with Zucchini
- Preheat oven to 400F. Lightly oil heatproof baking dish.
- Heat water in covered saucepan. When at a rapid boil, cook orzo until almost tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in skillet over medium heat and sauté garlic, leeks and zucchini slices for about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Drain orzo and place in baking dish. Stir in marinara sauce, salt and pepper and spice mix. Top with half the cheese.
- Arrange zucchini and leek slices on top of orzo, and top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until mozzarella melts. During last 5 minutes, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
The Russian River Valley is an important wine-growing sub-region of Sonoma County, California. One winery there is named for the function its building had at the turn of the 19th century: The Hop Kiln Winery. Try the Hop Kiln Winery Russian River Valley Primitivo Vineyard Zinfandel.