Barley with Black Beans
Almost everyones familiar with pearl barley, but if youve got 10 extra minutes, consider pot barley too. Its similar in taste to the pearl but bigger grained. A purchased balsamic vinaigrette and roasted red peppers give this dish the spark of a warm salad. Its superb served with oven-roasted root vegetables and some cornbread.
- 1 cup pearl or pot barley, rinsed
- 1 15.5-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 12-oz. jar roasted red bell peppers, drained and sliced
- ½ cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh dill, or more to taste