Blueberry and Dark Chocolate Scones
Makes 8 scones
30 minutes or fewer
These pastries are quick to make—perfect for a weekend breakfast.
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 6 Tbs. cold unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ¾ cup low-fat milk, plus more for brushing
- 2 large egg yolks
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Coat large baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in large bowl. Work in butter using your fingertips until only small crumbs remain in mixture.
3. Whisk together milk, egg yolks, and vanilla in medium bowl. Add dry ingredients to wet, and mix just until incorporated (mixture will be crumbly). Gently stir in chocolate chips and blueberries. Gather dough into ball.
4. Transfer dough to floured work surface, and press into 3/4-inch-thick disk. Dust knife with flour, then cut dough into 8 equal wedges. Transfer to prepared baking sheet, and brush tops lightly with milk. Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until lightly browned on top and bottom.