Bok Choy and Shiitake Quiche
Mushrooms, greens, and goat cheese team up in this hearty deep-dish quiche.
1. Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-low heat. Add mushrooms, and cook 10 minutes. Increase heat to medium-high, and cook 10 minutes more. Add bok choy, green onions, and garlic, and cook 5 minutes more, or until leaves are wilted. Remove from heat.
2. Preheat oven to 325°F. Coat 9-inch springform pan or deep pie dish with removable bottom with cooking spray, and set on baking sheet.
3. Stack 2 phyllo sheets, and brush top with sesame oil. Add 2 more sheets, and brush with sesame oil. Continue layering 2 sheets at a time, brushing top with oil, until you have a 10-sheet stack. Repeat this process to make second 10-sheet stack. Invert phyllo stacks oil side down into prepared pan, overlapping by 1 inch to cover entire pan. Gently press phyllo into pan bottom, and trim long edges with scissors so that crust extends about 1/2 inch above pan rim. Use trimmings to extend crust in any places where it’s too short by pressing them oil side down onto existing crust.
4. Spoon mushroom mixture into crust.
5. Pulse milk, eggs, and 4 oz. goat cheese in food processor until smooth and combined. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Pour over mushrooms in phyllo crust, and dot top with dollops of goat cheese (if using). Bake quiche 45 to 50 minutes, or until filling is set and browned on top. Cool 5 minutes, then remove from pan to serve.