Broccoli-and-Cheddar-Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Serve this hearty combo for an easy lunch or dinner. The bacon bits are made from soy; brands like Frontier and Lightlife offer them in all-natural form. If desired, you can individually wrap each prepared stuffed potato in foil and freeze. Bake at 350°F to defrost and cook through, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake potatoes until tender when pierced with a fork, about 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan, combine broccoli, salt and 2/3 cup water. Cover, bring to a boil and cook until broccoli is just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
- Remove potatoes from oven and cool slightly. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out flesh into medium bowl, leaving 1/2-inch-thick shells. With fork, mix “cheese” and “sour cream” into potato flesh; fold in cooked broccoli. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Heap filling into potato shells, packing lightly. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon “bacon” bits over each, pressing into place. Set stuffed potatoes on prepared baking sheet and bake until “cheese” has melted and filling is heated through, about 20 minutes.