Broccoli Dipped in Wonderful Peanut Sauce
30 minutes or fewer
Children love this dish! The broccoli can be cooked up to several days ahead. Serve it at any temperature, with room temperature or warm sauce.
- 1 large bunch broccoli (1 ½ lb.), separated into florets, stems cut into spears
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 3 Tbs. sugar
- 2 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tsp. cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- Pinch cayenne pepper
1. Bring large pot of water to boil. Cook broccoli in water 2 to 3 minutes, or until bright green and tender. Drain, and rinse under cold water to cool. Shake, and pat dry.
2. Whisk peanut butter with 1 cup hot water in bowl. Stir in remaining ingredients. Season with salt. Place bowl in center of serving platter, and arrange broccoli around it.