Broccoli Raab with Garlic, White Beans, Tomatoes, and Parmesan
30 minutes or fewer
The depth of the wok allows you to simultaneously sauté and steam the broccoli raab while preserving its beautiful green color. To make the dish vegan, garnish with toasted breadcrumbs instead of Parmesan cheese.
- 3 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- 2 12-oz. bunches broccoli raab, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 14-oz. can white beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, for garnish
1. Heat 2 Tbs. oil in wok over medium-high heat. Sauté garlic until it sizzles, then add broccoli raab and red pepper flakes. Season with salt, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes, or until broccoli raab is wilted. Transfer broccoli raab from wok to serving plate.
2. Add remaining 1 Tbs. oil to wok. Add tomatoes, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until skins brown and tomatoes begin to split, stirring occasionally. Stir in white beans, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through. Spoon tomato-bean mixture on top of broccoli raab, and garnish with Parmesan.
September 2008 p.44