Broiled Figs with Honey-Balsamic Drizzle over Cottage Cheese
This is the perfect dessert for folks who don’t care much for sweets. It’s a bit like a fruit-and-cheese course and pairs nicely with wine. When figs are out of season, try it with halved strawberries.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Toast pistachios on baking sheet 6 to 8 minutes, or until fragrant. Cool 5 minutes, chop, and set aside.
2. Combine vinegar with 4 Tbs. honey in saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring often. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until syrupy and thick enough to coat a spoon.
3. Purée cottage cheese and remaining 2 Tbs. honey in blender or food processor 2 minutes, or until smooth. Spread cheese on serving platter.
4. Preheat broiler. Place figs cut-side up on baking sheet. Brush with oil, then with 2 Tbs. balsamic-honey syrup. Broil figs 4 inches from heat source 2 to 3 minutes, or until edges begin to brown.
5. Arrange fig slices over cheese, drizzle with remaining balsamic syrup, and top with toasted pistachios.