Brown Rice Fettuccine with Grilled Zucchini, Eggplant, and Feta
30 minutes or fewer
No need to finely chop the fresh herbs used here. Coarsely torn leaves add texture and intense flavor to the dish.
- 3 zucchini, trimmed and quartered lengthwise (1¼ lb.)
- 3 Japanese eggplants, trimmed and quartered lengthwise (¾ lb.)
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into ½-inch-wide strips
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 Tbs. white balsamic vinegar
- 3 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 3 cup torn fresh mint leaves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
- 8 oz. brown rice fettuccine
- 2 oz. feta cheese, coarsely crumbled
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Heat grill to medium-high heat. Coat zucchini, eggplants, and bell pepper with cooking spray. Season with salt and pepper. Grill 8 minutes, or until tender and slightly charred, turning once. Transfer vegetables to work surface, and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces. Toss with olive oil, vinegar, basil, mint, and garlic; set aside.
2. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine in large pot of boiling salted water according to package directions until al dente, stirring often to prevent sticking. Drain. Add fettuccine, feta, and green onions to zucchini mixture, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.