Bulgur and Asparagus Salad
- 2 cups medium-grain bulgur wheat
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 lb. fresh asparagus
- ½ cup toasted almond slivers
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 4 tsp. grated Meyer lemon zest or grated lemon zest
- ¼ cup Meyer lemon juice or lemon juice
1. Place bulgur and salt in bowl, and pour 4 cups boiling water over top. Cover, and let steep 15 minutes, or until all liquid is absorbed. Cool.
2. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Add asparagus, return pot to a rolling boil, and cook 1 minute. Drain asparagus, and dunk in large bowl of ice water. Drain, pat dry, and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
3. Stir asparagus, almonds, oil, and zest into bulgur, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Stir in lemon juice.March 2013 p.66