Cambodian Bean Thread Noodle Salad with Herbs
30 minutes or fewer
On their own, liquid aminos taste closer to fish sauce—traditionally used throughout Southeast Asia—than does soy sauce.
- 4 oz. bean thread noodles
- ½ lb. mung bean sprouts
- 4 oz. baked smoked tofu, diced
- 1 cup julienned English cucumber
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 small shallot, minced
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 tsp. chile-garlic sauce
- 1 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup torn basil leaves
1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain, and rinse under cold water, then drain again. Transfer to large bowl, and add sprouts, tofu, cucumber, bell pepper, and shallot. Toss to combine.
2. Whisk together lime juice, brown sugar, liquid aminos, and chile-garlic sauce in small bowl. Pour sauce over noodles, add mint and basil, and toss.
September 2014 p.30