Cantaloupe and Cava Sorbet
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 Tbs. honey
- 2 lb. cantaloupe, peeled and cut into small chunks (4 cups)
- 1 cup cava brut sparkling wine
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
1. Whisk together sugar, honey, and 1/4 cup water in small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook 1 minute, or until sugar dissolves. Cool.
2. Purée cantaloupe with sugar syrup, cava, and lemon juice in blender until smooth.
3. Pour purée into ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
4. Pack sorbet into freezer container, and press plastic wrap or wax paper directly onto surface of sorbet. Cover, and freeze 2 hours,or until firm.June 2012 p.75