This simple pizza tastes great as it is, but you can jazz it up with any of your favorite toppings.
- Canola or grapeseed oil for brushing grill grate
- ½ cup prepared basil pesto or sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 Par-Baked Pizza Crust
- 2 large beefsteak or heirloom tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grated fresh mozzarella
- ½ cup torn fresh basil
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional
1. Brush grill grate well with oil, and preheat grill to medium.
2. Spread pesto over crust. Top with tomato slices, mozzarella, and basil. Place pizza on grill, close lid, and grill 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Sprinkle with Parmesan, if using.
July/August 2012 p.66