Caramelized Apple and Goat Cheese Tartines
30 minutes or fewer
Instead of making pancakes for Sunday supper, serve these dessert-like sandwiches that get their fiber from hearty walnut-raisin bread and their protein from a slathering of goat cheese.
- ½ Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 crisp apple, such as Braeburn or Red Delicious, peeled and cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- 1 ½ Tbs. prepared caramel sauce
- ¼ tsp. lemon juice
- Pinch pumpkin pie spice
- 4 Tbs. soft goat cheese, divided
- 4 slices walnut-raisin bread, toasted
1. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add apple, and cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until browned. Stir in caramel sauce, lemon juice, and pumpkin pie spice. Remove from heat.
2. Spread 1 Tbs. goat cheese on each slice of walnut-raisin toast. Spoon apple mixture over top.