Caramelized Hemp Popcorn
- 8 cups popped unsalted or low-sodium popcorn
- 3 Tbs. pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbs. coconut oil, melted
- 3 Tbs. coconut sugar
- 6 Tbs. hemp seeds, divided
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. salt
1. Preheat oven to 275°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place popcorn in large bowl. Drizzle with maple syrup and coconut oil, and toss by hand to coat popcorn.
3. Mix coconut sugar, 3 Tbs. hemp seeds, nutmeg, and salt in small bowl. Add mixture to popcorn, and toss well.
4. Transfer popcorn to prepared baking sheet, and lightly press together to form flat, unified layer. Sprinkle remaining 3 Tbs. hemp seeds on top, pressing lightly to stick. Bake 20 minutes. Cool until mixture hardens. Break apart, and store in airtight container.June 2013 p.68