Cauliflower-Cashew Fritters with Red Pepper Cashew Cream Sauce
30 minutes or fewer
Ground cashews help hold together these oven-baked cauliflower fritters.
- 2 cups 1-inch cauliflower florets
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup roasted and salted cashews
- ½ cup Italian parsley leaves
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 Tbs. corn flour
- 1 Tbs. capers
- 1½ tsp. seafood seasoning, such as Old Bay
- 1½ cups Cashew Cream
- ½ cup jarred roasted red pepper, rinsed, drained, and diced
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. capers, rinsed and drained
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper, and spray with cooking spray.
2. To make Fritters: Combine all ingredients in food processor, and pulse until ingredients are well-combined and no large chunks remain.
3. Use 1-oz. scoop or 2-Tbs. coffee measurer to portion Fritters onto prepared baking sheet. Lightly press down on each Fritter to flatten. Bake 8 to 10 minutes, flip with spatula, and bake 3 to 5 minutes more, or until browned on both sides.
4. To make Sauce: blend all ingredients in blender until smooth.
April/May 2014 p.75