Cauliflower Mash with Miso and Sage
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- ⅔ cup chopped onion
- 5 cups chopped cauliflower florets (1 lb.)
- 1 medium carrot, cut into ¼-inch-thick slices
- 2 Tbs. white miso
- ⅛ tsp. ground sage
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, and sauté 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned.
2. Add cauliflower, carrot, and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 10 to 12 minutes, or until vegetables are very tender. Add 2 to 3 Tbs. water if pot becomes too dry before vegetables are cooked.
3. Drain off any liquid. Pour cauliflower mixture into food processor, add miso and sage, and purée 2 to 3 minutes, or until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.September 2010 p.75