Char-Grilled Purple Eggplant
1. Preheat grill or preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Grill eggplants whole or broil on baking sheet 8 to 10 minutes, turning several times, or until charred on all sides. Cool.
3. Heat oil in skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute, or until light brown. Transfer to paper towel to drain.
4. Stir together soy sauce and sugar in small bowl. Set aside.
5. Peel eggplants, and cut into chunks. Transfer to platter. Drizzle eggplant with soy sauce mixture and Spring Onion Oil, and dot with Chile-Garlic Paste. Top with sizzled garlic.