Cheesy Omelet Soufflé
- 3 large eggs, separated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup grated cheddar
1. In small bowl, beat egg yolks with fork and season with salt and pepper.
2. Whisk egg whites using hand or stand mixer until soft but not stiff peaks form.
3. Heat butter and oil in 7-inch omelet pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Using plastic spatula, fold egg yolks into whites, adding half the cheese.
4. Pour egg mixture into pan and cook about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until eggs are set and cheese is melted. Fold omelet soufflé onto plate.October 2002