Chocolate S’mores Pie
- 1 7-oz. bar 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate baking bar, chopped
- 1 cup soy creamer
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 9-inch prepared graham cracker crust
- 1 ½ cups marshmallow crème
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place chopped chocolate in heat-proof bowl. Bring soy creamer to a simmer in medium saucepan. Pour soy creamer over chocolate, and let stand 30 seconds, then whisk until combined. Whisk in egg, vanilla, and pinch of salt.
2. Pour chocolate mixture into crust. Cover crust edges with foil or pie shield. Place on baking sheet, and bake 25 minutes, or until softly set around edges but still loose in center when shaken. Cool 1 hour on wire rack.
3. Preheat broiler. Spread marshmallow crème on pie, and broil 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until top is golden-brown.July/August 2010 p.63