Chopped Frisée and Radicchio Salad
Frisée lettuce and radicchio stay relatively firm after they’ve been mixed with dressing, which means you don’t have to worry about the salad
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbs. sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced (¼ cup)
- 1 small head frisée lettuce (curly endive), chopped (1 cup)
- 1 head radicchio, chopped (2 cups)
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh oregano
- 1 Tbs. capers
- ¼ cup shaved Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1 hard-boiled egg, coarsely chopped
1. To make Balsamic Vinaigrette: Whisk together all ingredients in small bowl, and let stand 10 minutes.
2. To assemble Salad: Toss together frisée, radicchio, oregano, capers, and half of cheese, if using, in bowl. Add Balsamic Vinaigrette, and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, if desired; divide between 2 bowls; and sprinkle with remaining cheese and egg.