Christmas Chick’n Filets and Potato Salad
dinner in the Czech Republic is fried carp or fried chicken. Here, the chicken is replaced by Gardein Chick'n.
- 1 small celery root, peeled and cut into ¼-inch cubes (2 cups)
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into ¼-inch cubes (1 cup)
- 2 parsnips, peeled and cut into ¼ inch cubes (1 cup)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 6 large white potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes (4 cups)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped (2 cups)
- 1 cup Follow Your Heart Original Vegenaise
- ½ cup finely chopped sweet pickles
- 2 Tbs. yellow mustard
- 2 Tbs. Fleishmann's organic white vinegar
- 1 tsp. Florida Crystals natural cane sugar
- 2 7-oz pkg. Gardein Chick'n Filets or 2 9-oz. pkg Gardein Seven Grain Crispy Tenders
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
1. Cook celery root, carrots, and parsnips in large pot of boiling water 10 minutes. Add peas, and cook 5 minutes more. Drain, and cool completely.
2. Meanwhile, place potatoes in large pot of cold salted water, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender, drain and cool completely.
3. Stir together onion, Vegenaise, pickles, mustard, vinegar, and sugar in large bowl. Add cooled vegetables, and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Prepare Chick’n Filets according to packaged directions. Serve warm Chick’n Filets with potato salad and lemon wedges.
November/December 2010 p.71