Classic Israeli Salad
30 minutes or fewer
An Israeli breakfast staple, this salad is also often served with lunch and dinner. The salad is made with tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, and plenty of parsley. Some top it with feta and olives, or dress it with tahini sauce.
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced (2 cups)
- 2 Persian cucumbers or ½ English cucumber, diced (1 ⅓ cups)
- ½ yellow bell pepper, diced (⅔ cup)
- ⅔ cup chopped Italian parsley
- 3 Tbs. chopped green onion
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
Toss together all ingredients in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
June 2012 p.44