Coconut Ice Cream with Raspberry Sauce
- 2 14-oz. cans unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 Tbs. arrowroot powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 10-oz. pkg. frozen raspberries, thawed
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
1. To make Coconut Ice Cream: Pour coconut milk into medium saucepan, and whisk. Transfer ½ cup coconut milk to small bowl, and stir in arrowroot. Set aside.
2. Add sugar to coconut milk in pan; cook over medium-high heat, whisking often, about 5 minutes, or until just beginning to boil. Whisk in arrowroot mixture, and cook, whisking constantly, 3 to 4 minutes, or until mixture bubbles and begins to thicken slightly. Remove from heat; let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate 1 to 2 hours, or until completely chilled.
3. Process mixture in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Transfer ice cream to container, cover and freeze until firm, about 1 hour.
4. To make Raspberry Sauce: Purée all ingredients and ½ cup water in blender or food processor. Strain through fine mesh sieve set over small bowl. Sweeten with more syrup, if desired. Serve over Coconut Ice Cream.March 2006 p.65