Colorful Oven Fries
- 2 lb. assorted sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ¼-inch-thick sticks
- 1 Tbs. canola oil
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon, optional
- 2 Tbs. potato starch
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper, or coat with cooking spray. Set 1 oven rack in top position and 1 rack in bottom position.
2. Toss together sweet potatoes, oil, salt, pepper, and cinnamon, if using. Sprinkle with potato starch; toss mixture once more to coat well. Arrange in single layer on prepared baking sheets. Bake 10 minutes.
3. Turn potatoes with spatula, and rotate baking sheets. Bake 12 minutes more, or until golden brown.January 2010 p.54