Confetti “Chicken” with Roasted Sweet Corn
Hearty, colorful and delicious, this dish is low in fat and calories. Roasted sweet corn, dried from fresh corn kernels, is sweet, light, crunchy and fat-free.
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized red onion, chopped
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 medium-sized yellow bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 medium-sized green bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 ½ cups coarsely shredded carrots
- 2 5.5-oz. pkg. soy “chicken” burgers, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 13.5-oz. can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 3-oz. pkg. roasted sweet corn
- 1 cup fruity white wine such as Chenin Blanc
- 3 Tbs. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 ⅔ cups boiling chicken- or vegetable-flavored vegetarian stock
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- 2 Tbs. cold water
- 1 ½ Tbs. country-style Dijon mustard
1. Heat oil in an electric skillet or Dutch oven over medium high heat, 1 minute. Add garlic, onions, peppers and carrots, and sauté 4 minutes. Add “chicken,” artichokes and sweet corn. Cook 5 minutes, or until “chicken” browns, stirring often. Add wine and rosemary, stir to mix thoroughly, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 3 minutes. Add stock, cover and simmer.
2. Combine cornstarch and water in small bowl, and add to pan with Dijon mustard. Cover, and simmer about 5 minutes, or until thickened and heated through.