30 minutes or fewer
Fresh herbs and spicy jalapeño give a classic cookout favorite a gourmet feel. For added color, try using half red cabbage, half green cabbage, and an assortment of bell peppers.
- 4 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- ½ large red bell pepper, cut into 2-inch matchsticks (2 cups)
- ½ large orange bell pepper, cut into 2-inch matchsticks (2 cups)
- ¼ cup finely sliced green onions
- ½ seeded, minced jalapeño chile, optional
- 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 3 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 ½ Tbs. finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 Tbs. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbs. white or cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
To make Slaw:
Toss together cabbage, bell peppers, green onions, and jalapeño chile, if using, in large bowl.
To make Dressing:
Whisk together all ingredients in small bowl. Toss Slaw with Dressing until vegetables are coated, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve chilled or at room temperature.