Corn and Mung Bean Salad
- 1 cup dried mung beans, rinsed and drained
- 1½ cups fresh corn kernels or 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 bunch green onions, finely chopped (½ cup)
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup plain gomashio or seaweed
1. Soak beans in bowl of cold water 5 hours, or overnight.
2. Place beans in saucepan, and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes, or until beans are soft, but not mushy. Drain and rinse under cold water.
3. Transfer to bowl. Stir in corn, green onions, lime juice, and gomashio. Season with salt and pepper. Chill before serving.