Cranberry Sauce with Hard Cider and Mustard
Makes 2 1/4 cups
30 minutes or fewer
Tweak the cranberry sauce tradition with this mustard-laced version that’s more tangy than sweet. The sauce
works well with faux turkey and tofu steaks and makes a nice spread for sandwiches. Serve warm or cold.
- 1 12-oz. bag fresh or thawed frozen cranberries
- 1 ½ cups hard apple cider
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbs. packed dark brown sugar
- 2 Tbs. whole-grain mustard
- 2 tsp. finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ tsp. salt
Simmer all ingredients in saucepan over medium heat 20 minutes, or until cranberries are popped.
November 2011 p.74