Creamy Cauliflower Soup with Apple and Tarragon
30 minutes or fewer
gets its golden hue from a pinch of ground turmeric.
- 5 cups chopped cauliflower florets (1 lb.)
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened apple juice
- 1 ¼ cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 small onion, diced (1 cup)
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon, plus more for garnish
- 1 pinch ground turmeric
1. Bring cauliflower, apple juice, broth, onion, and coriander to a boil in saucepan over medium heat. Cover, and simmer 15 minutes, or until tender.
2. Blend cauliflower mixture, tarragon, and turmeric in blender until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Garnish with tarragon.
September 2010 p.74