Creamy Dark Chocolate Pudding
This dessert tastes like a gourmet version of the ones in the pop-top cans you ate as a kid.
- 2 cups plain soymilk, divided
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup vegan semisweet chocolate chips, such as Sunspire
- 3 Tbs. sugar
- 1 Tbs. instant decaffeinated coffee granules
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. Whisk together 1/2 cup soymilk and cornstarch in small bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine remaining 11/2 cups soymilk, cocoa, chocolate chips, sugar, coffee and nutmeg in large saucepan. Warm over medium heat until chocolate chips have melted. Whisk in cornstarch mixture, and cook 10 minutes over medium-low heat, or until pudding thickens and begins to boil. Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
3. Divide pudding among 4 custard cups. Chill well before serving.