Creamy Walnut-Mushroom Soup with Thyme
30 minutes or fewer
soup in summer? Try this recipe and you'll be sold on the concept. Ground walnuts
provide a creamy, filling soup
base that complements the flavors of a marinated mushroom topping.
We've called for easy-to-find cremini mushrooms, but feel free to make the recipe with wild mushroom varieties from the farmers’ market.
- 10 cremini mushrooms, sliced ⅛-inch thick (2 cups)
- 1 Tbs. Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup raw walnuts (4 oz.)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
To make Topping:
1. Toss together all ingredients in bowl. Marinate 15 minutes, or up to 12 hours.
To make Soup:
2. Blend walnuts, oil, garlic, and 2 & 3/4 cups water in blender until creamy. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Ladle Soup into bowls, and garnish each serving with Topping and thyme leaves.