Crunchy Chocolate Truffle Pie
30 minutes or fewer
When she's not bartending at her in-laws' restaurant or taking care of her two-year-old, Shannon Allison-Leszek spends her time cooking delicious vegan food that even her non-veg family members love. The surprising list of ingredients in this recipe add up to chocolate heaven—hats off to Shannon for finding just the right balance of flavors and textures. (She confided that it took several tries to get it just right.) 1st-place winner in the 2005 Recipe Contest.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 12-oz. container firm silken tofu
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 9-inch premade graham cracker crust
- ½ cup chopped chocolate-covered pretzels
1. Place chocolate chips in microwave-safe bowl, and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir chocolate, and heat 30 seconds more. Repeat heating and stirring until chocolate is just melted. Set aside.
2. Combine tofu and maple syrup in food processor, and blend 3 minutes, or until smooth. Add peanut butter, and process until smooth. Add melted chocolate, and process once more until smooth.
3. Pour peanut butter-chocolate mixture into pie crust, smoothing the top; refrigerate 20 minutes. Sprinkle pretzels on top, and serve, or refrigerate until ready to eat.