Crunchy Green Tahini Salad
30 minutes or fewer
Surprise! This is a superhealthful green salad
your kids will love. Recipe from The Family Dinner.
- 2 12-oz. bunches kale, stems removed
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 Tbs. tahini
- 2 Tbs. Bragg Liquid Aminos, optional
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- ¼ tsp. honey, optional
- 1 cup chopped parsley or mint
- 1 cup grated carrots
- 1 lb. roasted red potatoes
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts or almonds
- 1 orange, divided into segments
- ½ cup feta cheese
1. Stack 8 kale leaves, and roll into tight cylinder. Slice into thin strips. Repeat with remaining kale. Transfer to large bowl.
2. Blend 1/3 cup water, lemon juice, oil, tahini, Bragg Liquid Aminos (if using), garlic, and honey (if using) in blender or food processor until smooth. (You’ll have about 1 cup dressing.) Toss kale with 3/4 cup dressing, more if using any add-ins. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
September 2011 p.67