Cumin and Lime Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Children’s and youth pastor Jennifer Plantenberg found inspiration from the food she had on hand one
evening when she lacked a plan for dinner. “Last winter, I was using sweet potatoes a lot, so we had
several sweet potatoes. My family also really loves cilantro, so we almost always have some in the fridge,” she says. “It’s great to throw this combination into a tortilla with some black beans and avocado for a quick lunch.”
- 1 large sweet potato or garnet yam (1 ¼ lb.), peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, coarsely chopped (2 cups)
- 1 tsp. Eden Organic safflower oil
- 2 tsp. Simply Organic ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic paprika
- 1 lime, halved
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper, or coat with cooking spray. Toss sweet potato and onion with oil on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle with cumin and paprika, and season with salt, if desired. Squeeze juice of 1/2 lime over sweet potato and onion. Roast 45 minutes to 1 hour, tossing halfway through cooking time.
2. Remove vegetables from oven; squeeze juice of remaining 1/2 lime over top, and sprinkle with cilantro.
September 2012 p.66