Curried Quinoa with Blueberries and Snap Peas
30 minutes or fewer
Curry powder is usually a mix of spices such as coriander, turmeric, fenugreek, and ground chili. It’s a wonderful complement to the sweetness of blueberries.
- 2 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. coconut oil, divided
- 2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbs. curry powder
- 1 pinch salt, optional
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped (¼ cup)
- 1 ½ cups fresh snap peas
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup chopped unsalted cashews or roasted peanuts
1. Melt 2 Tbs. coconut oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add quinoa and curry powder. Sauté 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Add 4 cups water and salt (if using), and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 12 minutes without stirring, or until quinoa is cooked through and water is absorbed. Remove from heat, and keep covered.
2. Melt remaining 2 tsp. coconut
oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add shallot, and sauté 2 minutes, or until translucent. Stir
in snap peas, and sauté 5 minutes. Add blueberries, and cook 30 seconds, or until warmed through.
3. Combine blueberry mixture and quinoa in large bowl. Serve dolloped with yogurt and sprinkled with mint and cashews.