Detoxifying Dandelion and Bitter Greens Salad with Tarragon-Lemon Vinaigrette
Makes 4 servings
30 minutes or fewer
Loaded with naturally detoxifying dandelion and other bitter greens, this salad
will last you through the weekend. Mix in extras, such as artichoke hearts, steamed asparagus, cubed jicama or avocado, pomegranate seeds, grated celery root, basil leaves, tomatoes, and/or raw garden peas, for each serving.
- 2 cups dandelion greens, thick stems trimmed
- 2 cups chicory leaves, outer ribs discarded, leaves torn into 2-inch pieces
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 medium Belgian endive, sliced into ½-inch-thick rings (1 cup)
- 1 medium carrot, grated (½ cup)
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced (½ cup)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced celery
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (2 tsp.)
- Dash cayenne pepper
To make Salad:
1. Combine dandelion greens, chicory, arugula, endive, carrot, fennel, celery, and parsley in large bowl.
To make Tarragon-Lemon Vinaigrette:
2. Shake together all ingredients in small jar with tight-fitting lid.
3. Toss 1 serving of greens with just enough dressing to lightly coat leaves. Top with optional additions, if desired. Serve immediately.