Cream-style corn makes this cornbread amazingly moist and almost buttery. If you have any leftovers, it’s great for breakfast.
- 1 cup soymilk
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- ½ cup shredded soy Cheddar cheese
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1 cup cornmeal
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbs. maple sugar or light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat 8×8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Combine soymilk and vinegar. Let stand 5 minutes to develop a buttermilk-like consistency. Whisk in corn, soy Cheddar, oil, and onions; set aside.
3. Combine all dry ingredients, and make a well in the middle. Pour wet mixture into well, and stir until mixed. Pour batter into prepared baking dish, and bake 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.