Double Cranberry Chutney
The simple flavors of this sauce will satisfy the traditionalists at the table, while the chunky, chewy consistency will win over any foodies in the group.
- 2 Tbs. fresh orange juice
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- 4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries (2 12-oz. pkgs.)
- 1 cup sugar
- ¾ cup ruby port
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 3 Tbs. finely diced crystallized ginger
- 2 Tbs. grated orange zest
- 1 Tbs. grated lemon zest
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
1. Whisk together orange juice, lemon juice, cornstarch, and mustard in small bowl. Set aside.
2. Combine cranberries, sugar, port, dried cranberries, ginger, orange zest, lemon zest, cloves, and pinch of salt in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
3. Stir cornstarch mixture into saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, or until sauce is thick and berries have burst. Cool, and serve chilled or at room temperature.